Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Inspiring Songs and Soundtracks

If you wanna talk about inspiration, then look no further! Just go see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and you'll be good to go. Never mind that it was tragic and sad and borderline depressing. It was so inspiring! Though I will never see beach scenes the same way again. (*ugly sobbing*)

Anyway, as far as inspiring soundtracks go, these are some of my favorites.



You'll find that these have a range of emotion, from happy and hopeful to maybe more intense. You can find pretty much all of these on Youtube or iTunes. These are the ones I listen to the most when I'm writing. Enjoy!

1.  How to Train your Dragon 1 and 2. More specifically, Forbidden Friendship and Romantic Flight from 1, and Dragon Racing from 2.

2. Any of the Chronicles of Narnia soundtracks. My particular favorites are The Battle from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Journey to the How and The Duel from Prince Caspian, and Ship to Shore from the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

3. The soundtrack from the racehorse movie Dreamer. I love literally everything about this soundtrack, especially the soft violin tones.

4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens soundtrack. Yes, I know it's Star Wars and it's hard not to think about everything that's yet to come in the movie franchise (SOOO much foreshadowing), but I really liked the flavor of some of the pieces, particularly The Scavenger and Torn Apart.

5. Inception from the movie soundtrack. This one is just so foreboding and so full of emotion, you can't help but conjure up moving scenes in your mind when you listen to it.

6. Aeterna: Epic Dramatic Trailers. Pardon the cheesy name, but this trailer music is great for writing. My favorites are Era and Forever.

7. Zack Hemsey: the Way. It will probably say Hip-Hop or Rap when you look it up, and there's a couple songs that are, but most of them are similar to soundtracks. I like Redemption and See What I've Become.

8. Thomas Bergersen. His music is listed under classical, probably because of it's symphonic sounds, but it's almost too epic to be classical. Some good ones are Sun, Before Time, and Dragonland.

9. The first Thor soundtrack. Some of this one is sad (LOKI!! Why?!), but most of it is just awesomely epic music.

10. The Piano Guys. I have a harder time focusing on my story with this kind of music, but some of their songs are great for writing. Some good ones are Beethoven's 5 Secrets, Adele - Hello/ Lacrimosa (Mozart), Moonlight, and Kung-Fu Piano: Cello Ascends.

Here's the playlist I created on Youtube. Some I couldn't find, but most of them are on there.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBcU-UV-liASnm20WBTHVOs8ZdtZ0rBIY

Well, there you have it! Comment and tell me what your favorite soundtracks are. I'd love to hear some unique ones!

If you like what you see, make sure to check out my other posts and share on social media! Don't forget to enter your email to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment