Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2017

A Wattpad Experiment

Hey guys!

Yes, I know... it's been awhile. I'm not continuing with the blog just yet, but I made an exception for today.

 A couple months ago, I decided to try out a website called Wattpad. Basically what happens is you can write stories and publish them without any cost, and people can vote and comment on your stories. I've discovered so far that it's been very helpful as far as receiving feedback.

At first, like the introvert I am, I was afraid to publish anything. "What if it sounds stupid?" "What if people don't like it?" "What if they say it's awful and I should never attempt to write ever again?"

But then, I remembered. I wasn't writing for all those people sitting behind their computer screens, just waiting to criticize... I was writing for me, and more importantly, I was writing to glorify God.

So now, I'm currently publishing, chapter by chapter, a fantasy novelette called The Prince's Angel that is sort of an accompanying prequel to my WIP (work in progress, for those who don't know author lingo.) If you want to check it out and read it and vote on it, please do! I'd love to hear more comments/ tips/ thoughts about the story... it really helps with development and plotting!

Here's the link:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/116568796-the-prince%27s-angel



Enjoy your weekend, and keep on writing!


If you liked this post, feel free to look around and subscribe to the blog! I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment